A few questions about smoking pork loins on RT-590.

GrillRookie

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I have the rub. The pork loin in 3.7 lbs. Need to know the following.

1. How long should I do the low temp. smoking portion ?

2. At what temperature should I then do the cooking portion ?

3. At what internal temp. should I take the loin off the grill ?

Any other tips would also be appreciated. Thanks.

I've never done one that big, usually cut into smaller pieces for cook. But I will start at 180 or 225 depending on how much smoke I want. When IT hits 120-125 I'll crank up the 350 until IT of NO MORE than 145. Sometimes I put on GrillGrates, sometimes back side of GG. It just depends on how lazy I am that day. Key is don't over cook.

i would do basically as buckeye. 180-225 until 110-120it. the. i would sear at 450 on the grill grates until exactly 145 for domestic pork or 165 for wild. those are the minimum safe temps for each form of pork.

I inject night before, get pit to 300, add whatever pork rub you like, put on until it hits 155, if gonna sauce do then. Cook 10 more mins and remove and rest and 30 mins. Comes out amazing every time. Injection is key on this cool cause loin is lean. Good luck.

I inject night before, get pit to 300, add whatever pork rub you like, put on until it hits 155, if gonna sauce do then. Cook 10 more mins and remove and rest and 30 mins. Comes out amazing every time. Injection is key on this cool cause loin is lean. Good luck.
What do you inject it with?

Pork loin ( not to be confused with a Pork tenderloin**), is very lean. so you either should inject it or you will be having to baste often to prevent it from drying out.

I agree with Bbqallday80, the difference is smoke time and cook time/temp that I prefer.
I smoke it for first 1.5 hours on LOW (180), then I bump to 275 for rest of cook. (make sure the meat is refrigerator cold before putting it in the smoker)

Once you hit 145, pull it and wrap it to let it rest (30mins).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back