Stampede A faulty igniter couldn’t ruin my smoked chicken

amdg

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
When I tried to turn my 590 on yesterday, it kept tripping my GFCI after 30-60 seconds. RecTeq’s video on tripping GFCIs was very helpful, and I was able to diagnose the issue as a malfunctioning igniter. Called into RecTeq, and they are shipping me a new igniter, no questions asked.

I started my pit manually, with some news paper strips and a handful of pellets. No problem. Smoked two spatchcocked chickens yesterday after I brined them overnight. I dunked them in Alabama white barbecue sauce as soon as they come off the smoker. The results were outstanding,l with high praise from all guests. I brined and cooked the chicken according to a Michael Symon recipe, and used Meat Church for the white sauce. Would highly recommend.

Got a tomahawk ribeye on the pit as I type. Can’t wait.

Attachments

• 5814CF3A-4B77-4A45-9D58-20C9B3B3D91E.jpeg
    5814CF3A-4B77-4A45-9D58-20C9B3B3D91E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 109
That chicken looks great, I will look at that meat church white sauce recipe, the one from Spruce Eats was not good, too thin

When I tried to turn my 590 on yesterday, it kept tripping my GFCI after 30-60 seconds. RecTeq’s video on tripping GFCIs was very helpful, and I was able to diagnose the issue as a malfunctioning igniter. Called into RecTeq, and they are shipping me a new igniter, no questions asked.

I started my pit manually, with some news paper strips and a handful of pellets. No problem.
I have the same issue. I'll try the newspaper strips but did you turn the grill on before or after you lit the newspaper?

I have the same issue. I'll try the newspaper strips but did you turn the grill on before or after you lit the newspaper?
Immediately before I lit it - having the fan blowing is a big help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back