Bull 700 Cover - Epic Fail, just venting

PhillySmoke

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I know there are threads covering this and I know there are ways to do it and instructional videos and all that but I just need to vent for a minute here. Love the bull - hate, hate, HATE the cover. It is an epic engineering / design fail in my opinion. There are instructional videos for getting it on and off. That should tell you something as a designer - you shouldn't need an instructional video to get a !@#@!$ grill cover off or on. Either put another 3" of material into it OR put a zipper into it. Heck, you could even take it to 11 and do BOTH. It is that simple.

One of these days I am going to crumple this thing up and throw it into the garbage and get an aftermarket one but, for now I have to deal with it and it sucks!

If you are in the pre-purchase phase on a grill, do yourself a favor and don't waste $$ on the cover.

Sorry, I simply needed to uncover my grill and the #$%#@$ cover caught on the grease bucket and up-ended it onto my deck because there is not enough material (and I was not paying attention to what it was tugging on).

There - I feel better now!!! :)

I know there are threads covering this and I know there are ways to do it and instructional videos and all that but I just need to vent for a minute here. Love the bull - hate, hate, HATE the cover. It is an epic engineering / design fail in my opinion. There are instructional videos for getting it on and off. That should tell you something as a designer - you shouldn't need an instructional video to get a !@#@!$ grill cover off or on. Either put another 3" of material into it OR put a zipper into it. Heck, you could even take it to 11 and do BOTH. It is that simple.

One of these days I am going to crumple this thing up and throw it into the garbage and get an aftermarket one but, for now I have to deal with it and it sucks!

If you are in the pre-purchase phase on a grill, do yourself a favor and don't waste $$ on the cover.

Sorry, I simply needed to uncover my grill and the #$%#@$ cover caught on the grease bucket and up-ended it onto my deck because there is not enough material (and I was not paying attention to what it was tugging on).

There - I feel better now!!! :)
I won't disagree!
I have been able to perfect my technique but it's still a pain in the a$$.

Making it "fitted" for the stack and the side shelf was a dumb move. Makes getting it on damn near impossible once it freezes.

After reading everyone’s struggles with the cover I’m glad I didn’t buy one. I have been looking at these https://www.nationalpatiocovers.com/regent/BBQ--Grill--Cover/bbq-grill-cover.html
Made with sunbrella marine fabric. This is what my boat canopy is made of and they are bomb proof. I live in western WA and my boat cover takes all sorts of abuse from Mother Nature. I think these would hold up well. A little pricey but you get what you pay for...in most cases.

Yeah - definitely hear this! I have the cover but don't use it much. I leave my Bull uncovered most of the time. I did get the cover for "free" bc my dad and I purchased our Bulls together.

One positive is if the cover rips, it has a 1 1/2 year warranty and I got a brand new one. I plan to at some point take the new one and get a zipper installed on the left side(controller side) to make it very easy. Seen that before but to most, I would suggest save your money. I got mine for free though.

I just purchased a cover for my 590. I am positive I will end up ripping it putting it on or taking off in the near future....

I finally have it down a bit better to cover it but getting it off is still problematic. I'll tear this cover up before it wears out. I too hate to gripe about it but there are times I just keep it off a few extra days more than I would. I'd take a simple 'dress' cover without the detail and a few $$$ less and be happy. The quality of the material is fine.

I think they may have improved the cover, maybe a call to RT is in order?

I just purchased a cover for my 590. I am positive I will end up ripping it putting it on or taking off in the near future....
I have one for the 590 and it is fine, I like the idea of taking the grease bucket off and putting in grill that is the only think I have to work around, but no other issues.

I also have one for my Bullseye, and it is so long it drags the ground!

I have the cover for the bull and I don't have a problem with it.
I take these steps:
1) take grease bucket off and put it in grill
2) put the cover on the smoke stack side first and then move to the rest of the grill.

No problems. It will stretch out a little more over time.

I have the cover for the bull and I don't have a problem with it.
I take these steps:
1) take grease bucket off and put it in grill
2) put the cover on the smoke stack side first and then move to the rest of the grill.

No problems. It will stretch out a little more over time.
That's pretty much been my approach.

I also have one for my Bullseye, and it is so long it drags the ground!
They all do. I have two of the Bullseye covers, one on a Bullseye and another on a Matador. The cover on the Matador is about the perfect length, and it’s a few inches taller than the Bullseye. I can only speculate that when recteq sent the specs for the cover out, the design of the Bullseye was to be 5-6” taller. Which it should be, minimum.

I too hate the RT grill cover. If you think getting it on a stock Bull is tough, you haven't lived until you've tried it with the smoke box! I ripped the first one the first time I tried to take it off & RT sent me a new one with no questions asked...kudos for that. With the smoke box, at least the drip bucket is shielded from the cover ;) It just needs to be a little larger in circumference around its belt seam.

I feel your pain on the bull with smokebox. I think I finally have it down after a year. No rips yet, but a close call or two. The cover is pretty good quality material but darn snug. The stock cover on my Weber gasser is also well made and is very easy to use. Huge difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back