Stampede 590, Wait or Other

Thx, If you are anywhere in the southeast, yours should arrive this week as well. They are using SEFL for mine and they're pretty quick in their service area.
Unfortunately I am in the midwest so it will take a little longer. When did you order?

Unfortunately I am in the midwest so it will take a little longer. When did you order?
Late Friday. SEFL would have delivered tomorrow, but I have something else I need to do. I'm in FL, so it's just a few hours drive from Augusta.

I used the app for the first time this weekend. Didn't have any issues. Notifications popped up every time.

Congrats! You will love your new Recteq! I have the 700, but my nephew, who told me about Recteq grills has had a 590 for several years, absolutely loves his and he is using it 3-4 times a week. There is no such thing as a perfect product, but what really sold me besides the build quality, is the customer service! They are simply outstanding!!! Again there is always that 1% that will never be happy no matter how hard the Recteq customer service try! Enjoy your grill!

Interesting to read this thread and see that this app issue is beginning to cost Reqteq some sales. I hope they are really paying attention. For me, the app works great except on holidays when you need it the most.

I think you’ll enjoy your 590. I have had mine for about 2 years now and the operation is great the build is solid. The space is sufficient for our family of 4 and company when we entertain.

Happy grilling!

I’ve had my 590 for 2-3 years and absolutely love it. I am in AZ so rain has not been an issue. According to my buddy that has had a Traeger for 15+ years… I have mastered the whole packer brisket on it. He admits he has not been successful yet. I would recommend the 590 to any friend. My WiFi works perfectly as do the alarms. With that said, I rarely cook for more than 6 people unless I do a brisket.

I own a 590 and have been very pleased so far. My beloved Webber kettle has gone into the shed since it has been sitting unused now. The convenience can’t be beat, it’s probably a waste of pellets but I find myself doing small things on it. Yeah the notifications are really hit or miss on the app but if I manually check things from the app itself it is up to date, so I just find myself checking the app frequently. This hasn’t bugged me enough to purchase an exterior unit to monitor temps yet but yes it would be nice if recteq fixed the issue. And congrats on the purchase! I really considered the camp chef models but read about some reliability issues so passed on those also same with Traeger.

Thank you to all for the feedback on the current 590 owners. I am still waiting for delivery as my 590 sits for several days at the Estes terminal. Looks like I will receive on Tuesday. Really makes this weekend seem a lot longer than most.

Thank you to all for the feedback on the current 590 owners. I am still waiting for delivery as my 590 sits for several days at the Estes terminal. Looks like I will receive on Tuesday. Really makes this weekend seem a lot longer than most.
I’m a little late to this thread, but congrats on the 590 purchase. We purchased our Stampede last summer and are very happy with it. Solid build, never had any problems with it. The probes that come with it are not the best but do provide some guidance on approx. temp. I have a Thermapen I use as it’s getting closer to the target. I know there are gripes about the app but it is “good enough”. Hope you enjoy it!

I use my iPhone and iPad with the app, never had a problem either with the old version or new one
Same here, never had a problem in about 6 cooks, including ribs and briskets. Using iOS n iPhone 12 and iPad Pro.

Debating on the bullseye as well but due to the space where we currently live may just settle for a bull. From what I gather a grill like the 590 going on sale with just a straight big discount is pretty rare. Does anyone think a new 590 model may be coming? Not sure how often they reiterate since I am new to RT.

Last edited:
Debating on the bullseye as well but due to the space where we currently live may just settle for a bullseye. From what I gather a grill like the 590 going on sale with just a straight big discount is pretty rare. Anyone think a new 590 model may be coming? Not sure how often they reiterate since I am new to RT.
Yeah i was thinking the same thing.. I am leaning now toward getting the 590 with that big discount. 100 bucks off the price is a lot. One thing I need to know is at what temperature does the recteq get affected by the cold weather?

As I’m in Florida I wouldn’t know that but if you call rec teq customer service they would more than likely know,good luck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back