Stampede 590, Wait or Other

Honestly, there are complaints about the apps with other smoker/grills too.

If you are already are thinking about using something else to monitor temps, then base your decision on quality of components only. When you do that, the RT offerings are hard to beat at these price points.

Honestly, there are complaints about the apps with other smoker/grills too.

If you are already are thinking about using something else to monitor temps, then base your decision on quality of components only. When you do that, the RT offerings are hard to beat at these price points.
Exactly

Not a huge fan of the new louvers, i have old style vents with covers. App is the "only" weak link. CC would be my second choice. Gorilla Grill Alpha is deserving of a look also.

Wanted to thank all people for their feedback. How is the build quality as compared to other makes and if you did it over, would you purchase a RT again?

Generally, speaking build quality is higher than Traeger, Pit Boss, etc.

I wouldn't buy the RT again if I was doing it over. I was looking at Pitts and Spitts, but decided to save some coin and go with the RT700.

That being said, no regrets about the quality, how it cooks, etc.

Generally, speaking build quality is higher than Traeger, Pit Boss, etc.

I wouldn't buy the RT again if I was doing it over. I was looking at Pitts and Spitts, but decided to save some coin and go with the RT700.

That being said, no regrets about the quality, how it cooks, etc.
Thank you
Just hard to order when you can’t see it in person. I want to be sure the 590 will last, holding up well.

I have had my 590 for about a year and a half. It has worked really well for the vast majority of the time. I have had to make a few calls over that period.1 for the app and the grill losing connection. 2, my probes stopped working. 3. Getting the grill to join my wifi and stay connected.

All 3 calls were handled very well and quickly. I think you will find the gauge of the steel to be more than adequate. They are built like tanks. All of the stainless is really solid. The customer support has been the best I have ever experience and it is worth a quick call to ask them any questions about the grills.

I would definitely take advantage of $100 off on the grill. The have never really had sales like this without having to purchase other stuff to get a better price.

Downfall of these grills from what I can tell is high temp. If you want to do grilling/searing directly on the grills, don't expect it to be super good searing. You will want to use a cast iron pan or get the grill grates. With the money you are saving, you can just about pay for the grill grates.

I have had my 590 for about a year and a half. It has worked really well for the vast majority of the time. I have had to make a few calls over that period.1 for the app and the grill losing connection. 2, my probes stopped working. 3. Getting the grill to join my wifi and stay connected.

All 3 calls were handled very well and quickly. I think you will find the gauge of the steel to be more than adequate. They are built like tanks. All of the stainless is really solid. The customer support has been the best I have ever experience and it is worth a quick call to ask them any questions about the grills.

I would definitely take advantage of $100 off on the grill. The have never really had sales like this without having to purchase other stuff to get a better price.

Downfall of these grills from what I can tell is high temp. If you want to do grilling/searing directly on the grills, don't expect it to be super good searing. You will want to use a cast iron pan or get the grill grates. With the money you are saving, you can just about pay for the grill grates.
Thank you! Really appreciate your time. The $100 off is attractive and why I am really asking all these questions. I just do not want it to influence my decision. Currently owners like yourself have been very helpful here and cannot thank you all enough for the details you have provided.

Thank you! Really appreciate your time. The $100 off is attractive and why I am really asking all these questions. I just do not want it to influence my decision. Currently owners like yourself have been very helpful here and cannot thank you all enough for the details you have provided.
So I have never owned another smoker. This is the most expensive and best built grill I have ever purchased. I have looked at the Traeger and a few other store brands. None compare in build quality. I favor stainless over powder coated. My uncle just picked up a Louisiana Grill at Costco. He loves it. It seems to be a good quality grill and priced about the same. It is worth a look, depends on the look you want. It is similar in size but has a second shelf included.

Probably not much help to you here zebra. I do not own a 590 or even a 700 for that matter. I have the older version 680 which does not have temp probes, wifi etc. (I did purchase the retro kit which after years sitting in the box I still not have installed). This being said, I can attest to the fact these pits are built and built to last. I am in NJ so subject to all types of weather. My pit sits out on my deck uncovered, starts up every time I hit the start button, and except for days with direct hot sun, hits and stays at my set temps. No regrets from my machine, but like I said, not really info you are looking for.

Probably not much help to you here zebra. I do not own a 590 or even a 700 for that matter. I have the older version 680 which does not have temp probes, wifi etc. (I did purchase the retro kit which after years sitting in the box I still not have installed). This being said, I can attest to the fact these pits are built and built to last. I am in NJ so subject to all types of weather. My pit sits out on my deck uncovered, starts up every time I hit the start button, and except for days with direct hot sun, hits and stays at my set temps. No regrets from my machine, but like I said, not really info you are looking for.
Thank you and this too is helpful. User feedback is the best Information before I decide. Appeciate your time posting.

Wanted to thank all people for their feedback. How is the build quality as compared to other makes and if you did it over, would you purchase a RT again?
Absolutely I would buy RT again. In fact I am planning to buy a Bullseye in the spring

Thank you for everyones assistance.
I am now a 590 family member after pulling the plug tonight.
Any suggestions going forward would be appreciated.
Congratulations! I think you’ll enjoy it quite a bit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back