Stampede 590 Smoke Stacks by Wesley Gegg (want to buy)

I am definitely still interested, I think they look cool and I think the risk is minimal. I just posted the reply for a FYI, definitely not to throw a Debbie downer in the situation. It appears to me, there have been other modifications that are similar, probably not as free-flowing as yours that have worked perfectly. In fact, I think if anything this mod will add to the enhancement of smoke. The reply I posted from them actually came from me asking why they did not provide something similar or at least a vent with a grill that needs at least some protection. Again, I think they look super cool and I am definitely interested.

Logically this would make sense @itsahog. I think it comes down to the dimensions of the stack, but im not that proficient in the calculations to prove it one way or another.

The design of the stack I'm having made is using a 3" dimension specifically because the 590 vents are 1"x3". With 3 vents, I figured I'd need a 3"x3" stack to keep the airflow the same. Provided I keep the final dimensions the same, I didn't think I'd restrict the airflow compared to factory. Heck, I could potentially get away with smaller legs but it wouldn't look the same.

This is one of the reasons I'm hesitant to sell them until I get some smoking time and see what the result is. I want to see about measuring the CFM on the vents and at the top of the stack to make sure the for rate is the same. The last thing I want to do is screw up others perfectly good smoker/grill!t It'slways a trial when modifying a piece off equipment... Hence the fact I want to test this first when I get it to see if everything works to the same standard as RecTeq.

admittedly, the other concern is the shipping costs. We're talking about an awkwardly shaped item that needs a heavy box and packing material to ensure safety. I have no idea what the cost would be as it's made of steel and if people would be willing to pay it. With the unique design, it will stand out but it could add to the cost considering I need a 30" box. It might end up being a one-off masterpiece 🤪

i get RecTeq saying to be cautious. It's sound practice, but if the airflow didn't change and it's not restricted, I hope the results are identical... I do want to do a bread yeast as well to see if it changes the dynamic of the cooker too.

thoughts? And thanks for the comment! It adds to the context of what I'm attempting to do
Itll be fine. They also said gaskets were bad, which is all a lie. My grill works better with the lid gasket. I dont cook at high temps with my 590 for various. I purchased a Bullseye for high temp cooks and searing. The grill is not reliant on cracks in the door, etc., thats the purpose of the blower fan.

@Steveshin85 - I too wanted one, but alas, it's not possible. I designed a version myself as a result and I'm working with a fabricator locally to make one for my 590. My design is definitely different, based on 3" dimensions, but I did it! I should have my quote in about 3 weeks - he's really backed up.
Any word on the stacks big bro?

Any word on the stacks big bro?
The fabricator I commissioned ran into multiple issues and is way backed up with his primary business. (A custom-made sign I commissioned in early September just got made.) Frankly, and I hate to say it, it sounds like it's dead in the water for now unfortunately - unless they figure something out today.

I'm still actively trying to find someone to make the stack, but trying to keep the weight down, match airflow, and finding someone in a small town with the skills / equipment to make it is a challenge. Part of me is considering just drilling a massive hole in the side of the 590 and attaching an aftermarket stack 🤦‍♂️

But hope isn't all gone. I've still got aspirations of finding someone to make it though. I've made 3d renders, DXF files for plasma cutters, multiple design plans based on different stock material, etc. I've got the designs, but not the know-how personally. There's gotta be someone around this area willing to take it on!

If you find something, lemme know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back