590 Smoke Stack Installed!

Bullporky

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Many months ago I embarked on trying to add a smoke stack to my 590 (O.G. version with the 3 holes and still when RecTeq was actually called RecTec.) I dug the look of what @wesgegg was making and thought it'd fit in well with the vibe of my outdoor area, but unfortunately they weren't available at the time.

Luckily @wesgegg reached back out the other day and let me know he was back in the game and had one if I was interested! I jumped on the opportunity and within days, I had it in hand and installed it in minutes.

I have to say I'm really impressed with the build quality, fit, finish, and even the packaging (well padded.)

Wess - thank you for a super smooth transaction and awesome product!

Attachments

• PXL_20210423_175804244.jpg
    PXL_20210423_175804244.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 641
  • PXL_20210423_175815331.jpg
    PXL_20210423_175815331.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 368
Looks great!!!
Is that a Weber Summit parked next to it? I have Summit S-450 and it's a hell of a great grill.

Looks great!!!
Is that a Weber Summit parked next to it? I have Summit S-450 and it's a hell of a great grill.
@pungo - thank you. As for the grill... close! It's the S-670 and I agree. I've had it (purchased new) for 13 years and just put money into it 🤯. After so much cooking, I needed a new set of burners.

Last edited:
@pungo - that k you. As for the grill... close! It's the S-670 and I agree. I've had it (purchased new) for 13 years and just put money into it 🤯. After so much cooking, I needed a new set of burners.
My S-450, also purchased new, is going on 12 years old and so far the only parts I had to place were the casters since the rubber started to crumble from the direct sun on them, I have since adjusted the cover to shade the wheels when not in use. Those were the good ones with T304 non-magnetic stainless.

My S-450, also purchased new, is going on 12 years old and so far the only parts I had to place were the casters since the rubber started to crumble from the direct sun on them, I have since adjusted the cover to shade the wheels when not in use. Those were the good ones with T304 non-magnetic stainless.
Amen to the build quality on the older ones. Interestingly, I called in trying to identify the part number on something and sent them a few pics to help verify it. The CSR noticed some wear on other things and sent me replacement parts for free even though I was well beyond the 10yr warranty. THAT was awesome.

Looking good. I found this last night and want to get one of these too for my og RT590 - what is the best contact for Wes?

Awesome well built smoke stack for sure , and look bad azz as well

Attachments

• FECC736E-97F2-43E0-A60C-005BBF030BE5.jpeg
    FECC736E-97F2-43E0-A60C-005BBF030BE5.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 291
Looks great! Question, what grill cover have you found to work with the new stack, assuming you cover it? I keep my RT covered until ready to use again to avoid pollen, dust, wasps, etc build up. I keep my Weber Summit covered as well even though both are under the patio.

Looks great! Question, what grill cover have you found to work with the new stack, assuming you cover it? I keep my RT covered until ready to use again to avoid pollen, dust, wasps, etc build up. I keep my Weber Summit covered as well even though both are under the patio.
I have the same set up and i use the original cover with no problem.....just sticks up a little in the back. (Joe is always photo bombing my pics!) 🤣

Attachments

• 69210BDC-67E8-4729-9395-AF50A606F4B8.jpeg
    69210BDC-67E8-4729-9395-AF50A606F4B8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
Thanks for sharing! With the comp cart, the factory cover is about 6” off the ground which allows for any moisture underneath to dry out (well, the best it can living in Houston are, lol), so don’t mind the back side sticking up some. I installed the factory “muffler tips” with red high temp silicone and they’ve been ok. Thanks again for sharing and I’ll put these on my bucket list for my birthday coming up soon!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back