590 Height?

jdubz

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Anyone else wish the grilling surface was higher? Looking at the rt700 specs - it is 2 inches higher. For me, something like 3-4 inches would be perfect (I'm 6'2").
Yes, first world problems.
Anyone do a creative DIY mod for this?

I too find it kinda low at 6'1", it seems like a dwarf next to my Weber Summit. I have the comp cart and was going to use some of the stock cart parts to extend the height by several inches as well as provide some extra storage under the cookbox. I beleive the comp cart already adds some height over the stock cart.

The grilling surface heights:
590 = 30"
700 = 32"
590 w/cart = 31"
700 w/cart = 33.5"

@jdubz Great data points, I've not seen that before.
TBH, since I use the 590 mostly for longer smokes, the lower height isn't too bad since I spend very little time standing in front of it. However, I did find some square tubing in my scrap bin so will probably raise it 4" or so. My Weber grilling surface sits at around 36" so I'll set the 590 height closer to that.

Anyone else wish the grilling surface was higher? Looking at the rt700 specs - it is 2 inches higher. For me, something like 3-4 inches would be perfect (I'm 6'2").
Yes, first world problems.
Anyone do a creative DIY mod for this?
I built a bench to put in on and took the legs off the 590. The bench has a door to open where I keep my pellet bucket and other supplies. If you do that, be sure to leave space under the 590 for airflow. I raised it two bricks off the bottom of the bench and put a piece of sheet metal with heat resistant paint on the top of the bench. It's working well.

I think the cart also raises the 590 about 3" -3.5" I know I was concerned that I couldn't get the 590 under my storage place and the standard 590 would easily make it but with the cart I only have about 1/4" clearance.

I am rather "compact" so don't suffer from grill height issues w/ the 590.

I'm still adjusting to the low height of RT-1250. Sizzled the tips of my hands more than a handful of times now (as a taller sort of person haha).

Other than that, no complaints about the grill or support responsiveness (answering a few rather mundane questions).

The grilling surface heights:
590 = 30"
700 = 32"
590 w/cart = 31"
700 w/cart = 33.5"
When I saw that measurement I had to set aside reading Raiders' fan hate mail about Jimmy G, get my lazy old butt off the couch and take my trusty 9 foot tape out of the junk drawer and step out into the blistering 109 degree Mojave heat to measure 34" height to grill with comp cart. And now I have to wonder if it is .3 cm lower than is comfortable for me. Or higher. Thanks a bunch!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back