Trailblazer 340 lid dent & squeaking when opening

ARCbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
When my son-in-law got his 340, the lid had a dent on the front lip & after installing the hinges, it squeaked terribly - no matter how we adjusted the hinges. We fixed the dent carefully with pliers & he had some high temp (600 deg) automotive brake piston lube. So we put just a little (very little, like just a film on the pins) on the hinges. Don't know how long it will last, but no more noise. We checked and saw no leakage of lube from the hinges when cooking a long time at high temp. Probably something out of alignment - perhaps when the lid dent occurred, but not visible. We might have been able to use a drill to enlarge the hinge pin hole slightly (perhaps a 1/64"), but didn't have one available. if the squeak returns, then we'll try that.

Don't sweat the small stuff, customer service is second to none and they aim to please!

Did you call to get the lid replaced? When my 680 was delivered there was a chip in the porcelain on one of the hinges. Called RT and I had a new lid in a few days. Told me to use the pit as much as I wanted until the new lid arrived. Then said don't worry about sending the old one (one week) back. Top notch service from RT.

I left that decision with my son in law. Before I left to go home (1300 miles away), the lid fit snugly with no leaks, & the hinges stopped squeaking completely. No problems since then. I told him about RT customer service, but don't think he did anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back