1st Brisket on the 1250

Mon-Ta-Que

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Just wanted to say how impressed I am with this 1st brisket on the Recteq. Coming from a stick burner, I was worried about a lack of smoke. But, this came out perfect. Just ao easy. Just salt and pepper.

20221211_125327.jpg

20221211_125938.jpg

Awesome brisket. Can you give size, cooktime, temp please?

Welcome to the Forum and the RecTec Family MTQ
I too came to RecTec from an Offset, and have not even thought to look back
The ease of a 16 hour Brisket is now a breeze
"Honey, I know it's snowing, but can we have Brisket this weekend ?"
"YOU BET !"
The toughest part now, is trimming the thing before it goes on the Bull

Awesome looking brisket, @Mon-Ta-Que; nicely done. IME, the first brisket you cook on a pellet grill is the scariest; wondering how it will turn out. With the result you got, you’re off to a great start.

Welcome to the forum; lots of great folks here with a common interest in grilling/smoking on Recteq pellet grills—and, some other types as well. :rolleyes:

Wow that looks outstanding!! Can you give us some details on your cook? I am looking to do my first brisket ever next week I need all the help I can get.

Wood Type?
Temperature?
Wrap or no Wrap?
Time of Cook?

Thanks

Wow that looks outstanding!! Can you give us some details on your cook? I am looking to do my first brisket ever next week I need all the help I can get.

Wood Type?
Temperature?
Wrap or no Wrap?
Time of Cook?

Thanks
I used the RecTeq ultimate blend that came with the bundle I bought. Smoked at 250 till we hit 160 or when the bark looks good then wrapped in Butcher paper. I think it took around 14 hours. Just salt snd pepper for rub.

I used the RecTeq ultimate blend that came with the bundle I bought. Smoked at 250 till we hit 160 or when the bark looks good then wrapped in Butcher paper. I think it took around 14 hours. Just salt snd pepper for rub.
Did you put anything on it when you wrapped it?

Negative. Salt and pepper before cooking thats it.
I like it! That’s “old style” and I think it still provides the best brisket experience. Let the flavor of the meat be the star attraction and just season it enough to enhance the natural flavor. Nicely done!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back