1250 vs 700 is it worth it

T1deep

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Looking at the 1250. What are the differences between it and the newer 700. Thanks.

The 1250 is frankly a tougher sell than it was before the 700 got the upgraded controller, auger, cast iron deflector, etc. The differences now basically boil down to a standard second rack and standard front fold out shelf.

I kicked tires for a couple of years about the 700 and the various options I wanted. When the 1250 first came out, it had most of the options as standard plus the new 3 RPM auger, cast iron deflector, and upgraded controller. At the time it was a total no brainer for me. If I was shopping today, I pretty much would probably have gone with the new and improved 700 with the added front shelf as an accessory. I have yet to ever use the second rack.

Either way, I suspect you'll be happy. I now make excuses to use my 1250 instead of cooking indoors multiple times a week. It was money well spent.

The 1250 is frankly a tougher sell than it was before the 700 got the upgraded controller, auger, cast iron deflector, etc. The differences now basically boil down to a standard second rack and standard front fold out shelf.

I kicked tires for a couple of years about the 700 and the various options I wanted. When the 1250 first came out, it had most of the options as standard plus the new 3 RPM auger, cast iron deflector, and upgraded controller. At the time it was a total no brainer for me. If I was shopping today, I pretty much would probably have gone with the new and improved 700 with the added front shelf as an accessory. I have yet to ever use the second rack.

Either way, I suspect you'll be happy. I now make excuses to use my 1250 instead of cooking indoors multiple times a week. It was money well spent.
Great thanks. Does the upgraded 700 have the 20 amp electric plug on the back of the shelf?

Great thanks. Does the upgraded 700 have the 20 amp electric plug on the back of the shelf?
No it does not, but it does have the interior light that the 1250 lost.

I have a 1250 and a 700. Pacman saying the auger on the 700 is the 3rpm now, makes the 700 the clear go to IMO. They are both great and the only difference would be known if you own/have owned both. Even the 700 with the 2rpm auger is perfectly fine, just not as fast as the 3rpm. My second shelf on the 1250 remains hung on the back holder 99% of the time, as with it is, there is not much room on either shelf.

I would buy the 700 and add the comp cart vs the 1250. Both great grills. The 700 is at the lake and the 1250 is at the house, I use both a lot. And if the augur is the same, both with the cast iron defector, its really the same grill at this point

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back