1070 Cart Caster Upgrade?

Redraider3403

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Wonder how many 1070 owners have a cart vs a built in setup? I have a cart and am interested in potential upgrades to the wheel caster. Thinking something like what the competition cart has.

What problem are you fixing?
I took my grill across the driveway where I built it, across the sloped yard about 50 ft, turned uphill to get to a sidewalk, then out back to a paver patio. Rolled pretty good honestly. The wheels are soft - they dent easily when the locks are applied, but I think I have a year or two easily before I need to replace or upgrade the wheels.
What terrain are you going to be rolling over?

What problem are you fixing?
I took my grill across the driveway where I built it, across the sloped yard about 50 ft, turned uphill to get to a sidewalk, then out back to a paver patio. Rolled pretty good honestly. The wheels are soft - they dent easily when the locks are applied, but I think I have a year or two easily before I need to replace or upgrade the wheels.
What terrain are you going to be rolling over?
Great question. We have a paver patio that I like to roll the grill out on when using. The patio is flat, but not exactly perfectly even between bricks.

I’m really more concerned with the cabinet rattling loose over time. The 1070 grill itself seems to be a tank, but the cart could be better in my opinion.

Yep - my first upgrade will be more magnets to keep the doors shut when rolling it around.

Pneumatic would be great, and smooth - but you'd be flipping burgers at nipple height with the rise you'd get. I don't see any small air filled tires.

Shock absorbing casters - $83.01/ea on sale at casterdepot.com (too rich for me...)
1656520983128.png

Great question. We have a paver patio that I like to roll the grill out on when using. The patio is flat, but not exactly perfectly even between bricks.

I’m really more concerned with the cabinet rattling loose over time. The 1070 grill itself seems to be a tank, but the cart could be better in my opinion.
I don't think those bolts with lock washers will loosen. As for the doors popping open because of weak magnets, see my fix for that in another thread. Works great! I saw some nice bigger lockable swivels at HD for $16 each. Might make it smoother over the pavers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back